Friday 6 December 2013

3rd 1st for the 1st Semester

Although the title is majorly confusing, I can tell you it's much more simple than it seems.

I'VE JUST GOTTEN MY THIRD GRADE AT 1ST LEVEL FOR THIS SEMESTER! WOOOOOO!

Right now back to seriousness; I was set the task to design an info-graphic 'ISSUU' publication on a certain topic with a group member of your choice. Naturally I chose a good friend (Sophie) and we were randonly selected the question "How did Roman's build their roads straight?".

Firstly we looked into styles that we might want to follow and on deciding that using our strong points would be the best idea we made a pastiche document of comics and an Ikea manual. It sounds a little odd but the design for Ikea is very obvious and well structured so I could easily work with making it stylish and suiting whilst using strong typography and paragraph text.

Sophie on the other hand is very dab-handed with character design and it a total nerd for comics, which really helped up decide that a comic style for this publication would be the best option (also because the terrible person she is managed to get me hooked on them also).

We researched the basics; How, why, when, where and who and began to sketch storyboard and mock-up designs. Not to bore you all to death we ended up with a lovely final piece, which may I add the tutors also liked and graded highly.

So here you are, Enjoy and learn something you uncultured swines.

P.s Sophie isn't a terrible person really.
P.p.s You aren't an uncultured swine!


1 comments:

Jareay said...

Vincent, I forgot how much I loved this brief you did with Sophie. I can't remember, is this on your website?

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks