Tuesday 28 January 2014

A pastiche on Abram Games

I have been given a 4 week topic to study Abram Games and create work from his ideas and styles using the adjective of 'ordered', as his work is very ordered and precise I wanted to subvert that adjective and instead do 'disordered'.

I have been looking at his work and making pastiche works of his past designs, changing them in the process.
This is one painting I produced today with acrylic paints, using my favourite form of a make-shift palette knife (a PVA glue paddle), the work I made a pastiche of is the set of posters he made for the Financial Times.
The image is of a typical business man, illustrated with a newspaper.

The signature isn't for vanity, it's so it didn't get lost in the studio 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks