Thursday 23 July 2015

Tour Posters mit godzilla und schöne Fotografie

Them lads from Colt 45 are doing a tour—and it's in the land of Oktoberfest, the land of the Bratwurst. 

And if you have read the title, read the heading, and seen the word 'Bratwurst' I think you should know what I'm trying to tell you. Colt 45 are on their trips to Germany to make the casks of wheat beer tremble with Cumbrian angst.

So when are they going? Where are they visiting and what on earth has Godzilla got to do with this?
That's where my favourite past time comes in – A GIG POSTER OF COURSE!
It tells you everything you need to know, and not only that; it's filled with lovely photography and an overgrown scaled monster from the depths of Japanese creativity.


I was told they wanted two things. One poster that would make someone think "My god, I need to be at this gig" and another poster that showed a more serious side, of course without coming across as boring, because that's what the guys are clearly far from.


The idea with these posters were to start with the more 'formal' one first, and then make the more exciting one follow the formula of the previous. I wanted the posters to be almost polar opposites yet still link together with their structure.
The idea is still yet to be proven; but my idea is that if someone see's both of these posters they'll hopefully realise they are for the same band though will show both sides that these lads hold. I know I'm rather hopeless at explaining things so I'll break it down.

The more formal poster shows the lads can be professional but still blast out those punk riffs and harsh drum solos. And the Godzilla poster just says; well it says "THERE'S GODZILLA FIGHTING A THREE HEADED BEAST HERE" and I couldn't think of a greater contrast, nor something more exciting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks