Wednesday 1 July 2015

From the Motor City, to northern Cumbria.

Posters for the club night that's funkier than 'The Funky Drummer' soiling himself to the sound of the JB's covering Parliament.

So, it's me again, banging on about a Motown and Soul posters, but this time I've got all Americana about it. I had a look around at the traditional soul posters and ended up finding myself in a range of Detroit 'motor city' advertisement posters; laden in simple red and blue, and then I was smitten.

I instantly gave up the hunt for a traditional soul poster and went straight to hunting down old ass industrial revolution americana printings – and it was like a world of blue and red excitement. It's was like watching your first 3D movie with those crappy red and blue glasses, except I was looked at google and not a chunky black VHS.

Anyway, I raided my font library, slapped out a nice red and blue and dug out my favourite image of Otis Redding; also not forgetting about you Gladys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks