Monday 9 June 2014

Oh, I do like the lovely people at The Brickyard

If you are unaware of The Brickyard I'll give you a little information; it's a bloody brilliant gig venue, running good gigs with good bands and uses local designers to help with the posters and such like.
Luckily for me, they decided to contact me only a few weeks back and first asked me to design a poster for a Hard Rock and Metal night. And I assume that went well because here I am making another blog post about another poster I have designed for them.

This time I got very very excited when I was given the offer to design for the Motown and Soul Night that they run, becuase they are ma' jams brother! (and it's also a rather fun night). I started with the poster searching for old Black and White images to use for the poster without great success until I spoke to my buddy James who told me about a lovely feature on the Google image search to get royalty free images, but that's my little secret now.

This lead me to find a brilliant image of a past hero of Motown, Levi Stubbs. I added colour filters to the image to start my testing and slowly built up things like textures and Typography, I won't go through all the testing but it was a short circle of testing upon the principle idea, until Mark (my contact at The Brickyard) was happy, which is what I should really always aim for.

If you'd like to go, here's the link to the event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/492346840865207/518659468233944

I'm rather fond of this, I feel it captures the idea of Motown and Soul rather well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks