Wednesday 25 June 2014

Funeral for a Friend poster - The Brickyard

I was fortunate enough to be offered the chance to design another poster this week. which just happens to be quite a big band by the name of Funeral for a Friend. I was only given this opportunity because my friend James couldn't complete the poster due to going on a kick-ass holiday to Florida to purchase a shite tonne of records and get sunburnt.

The poster was quite fun to work on despite having such a short amount of time allotted for it, so instead of follow the route of researching previous designers and looking at how they made their works, I went straight into it by looking at what the band had previously had designed.

I got into a strange confusion with another band by the same name but it proved not to be a big deal of identifying between the two, seeing as one is Welsh and the other is Canadian I think.

On looking for inspiration I went to the bands website and looked at their promo imagery, colour sets and styling. I used the green because of an idea that Mark (from The Brickyard) to help relate to their Welsh background, although the colours doesn't make me instantly think of Wales, I still think it's a good fit.

I went with the old trusty Helvetica Bold and Roman, and a simple three colours scheme and a the idea of a shift or blur of the imagery.


I feel like it could be possible for the poster to have more of an edge to it, but I feel it does the job that is needed and clearly outlines the information attendants may need, and the image shift isn't too distracting so you can still recognise the band members. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks