Thursday 30 April 2015

We're gonna stomp all the way to the moon!

Carlisle are you ready!

Over the past week or so I'm been working on the poster for the up-and-coming Ska night, which is the invention of The Brickyard's new kid Nick. He asked me if I could come up with a poster, and instantly my head clicked – every single Ska poster I have ever seen was this horrible scanned, monotone poster laden with checker-board.
I started with a few ideas of making it really rough, and making look like it had been through the wrong end of a photocopier a few too many times.



I sent a few tests through, and we both realised that it may of been a bit too rough to actually get the message across correctly. So from there I moved on to the idea of mixing up the fonts with imagery and all the while keeping the harsh monochrome.

I tried and tried and I just couldn't make the monochrome stand out, it just looked plain and nothing different from what already existed – but also it wasn't quite traditional enough to reinforce the idea of the old posters of yonder.


Get yourselves there, It'll pretty bloody good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks