Tuesday 3 February 2015

London Adventure #3 - Lost & Enraged

Right, so today is Tueasday and my second day at NME, and although this may be uneventful for most—it's been quite a weird day for me.
The day started with a very small amount of snow, like a very measly amount of snow, of which unfortunately didn't deter the average London douche-bag. It's 9:30am, -1 degrees and laden in snow and yet there is still some middle-class, below-par business man stood on the platform wearing his expensive suit jacket and a pair of bloody sunglasses; SUNGLASSES! IT HASN'T BEEN SUNNY IN MONTHS YOU POMPOUS COCK! YOU DON'T COOL! WELL MAYBE YOU DO BECAUSE IT'S BLOODY FREEZING BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT I'M MAKING!

So then, as I walk to the office of NME I find myself painfully lost, asking a builder for directions to the Tate Modern (as that is the closest landmark to the office) and of course this builder speaks very minimal English. He speaks very quickly, speaks in a language that I don't understand and points at the skyline of The Shard.
Thanks buddy!

Then shortly after, I trace back my steps and find my way to the office and actually spend a good morning playing around with images and doing little bits of editorial. Now that's all well and good until it comes lunchtime—and now where does a boy who is afraid of heights eat his cheese and ham sandwich? On the tenth story, windy ass roof garden of course. Bloody hell vin.

So after a day of doing bits of design here and there, I left for the day, and got on the tube to head home. And what did I get confronted by? Bloody crappy wheely suitcases. Oh women with your pointlessly small suitcases; I despise you.

Now finally, after I get home and scran some chocolate, myself and Zac headed into Camden for some food and some drinks. After spending about 2 hours waiting for promised live music in a pub, we found ourselves wandering down the high-street, into Camden Stables. And here were found the holy grail of Tuesday night life.

It was a Cuban bar, with crazy cocktails and live salsa dancing. Oh my, what a bloody brilliant place.
I would go on, but basically Zac had something with Absinthe and it was bloody well strong; I tried some and now I only vaguely remember it. Even the smell was enough to give you week long amnesia.


So I'm going to bed and hoping that tomorrow will be just as unusually frustrating, exciting and lovely.

Night!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You cant spell Tuesday !

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks