Monday 2 February 2015

London adventures #2 - First Days

So today is my first day of the internship and my second day here and to be honest I'm blown away.

I'm not a city person but at the moment, I'm not feeling too worried even though I probably should be as I'm eating a 'Turkey Milanese' at 11 stories in the sky.
(Don't ask what that is, I don't know either but it's bloody tasty)

I'm right behind the Tate Britain building, which is ever most overshadowed by the imperial structures that surround it.
And being this high I can see right across the landscape of London—although I personally feel this city should be renamed to Cranes and Hi-Vis because I have several miles of vision on a clear day, and that's all I can bloody well see.

And if it's not strange enough for the 'Lancashire come Cumbria boy' to be eating chef prepared Turkey at the highest point he has ever eaten Turkey, he also got here by walking through a Borough Market, scaling the Tate and colliding with a supporting wall of the Globe Theatre. So even getting here was quite mind blowing, if not sore and confusing.

As yet I'm not missing home too much because there is so much affluence, culture and food, clashing with the abundance of poverty and depression—it's taking me a while to take it all in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But for today as a day of work – oh, I feel so grown up saying that – although it's been slow as they hadn't much work to give me, I've already prepared two layouts and sorted some of the text for future spreads. With little to do as it's a Monday and there isn't much work kicking around; I spent much of my day kicking my heals but I'm looking forward to getting more involved in coming days.

But now, I've just got some food, and a cup of Yorkshire Tea. So the crappy hour getting back, and of smelling mildly obese men on tube whilst they glare at you for reading the underside of their free copy of Metro, is kind of worth while.
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks