Monday 31 August 2015

Learning lettering, and tattoo aftercare advice

Well it'd be fair to say my lettering still has a way to go, but I'm getting there—slowly.

On my progress of trying to teach myself lettering, I'm doing pretty much everything I can to get some real world practice; and this time came in the call of some chalkboards for our friendly local tattoo studio.

The lovely duo of Matty and Zoe run The Shadow Gallery tattoo studio, which is the go-to studio that myself and the lady friend visit to get our fix of filling our skin with every colour under the sun. They  wanted two chalkboards, looking similar, holding the same information to be displayed inside the shop; and well in return for some tattoo hours, I couldn't see any reason not to accept their offer.


I'm pretty happy with the boards, and although they are a little rough in places (I'll explain soon) they suit exactly what Matty and Zoe wanted. Not to mention the strict colour palette of Red, Black and White hit adorns the rest of the shop like some kind of national flag.



If you have a closer look at either of the boards, I think you'll see a good amount of consistency but a few small flaws here and there keep staring at me. I know I really need to get my "R"s sorted because it's mostly what is letting both of these down, and I know that I'm being a little nit-picky about it, but I put all my effort into every bit of lettering I do, and those small errors bug me no end.

Anyway, I'm going to keep trucking and I'll get those "R"s sorted one day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks