Saturday 19 September 2015

thebrickyardonline, is now running a newer; sexier model.

If you know me, and have had any contact with me recently—you'll likely know that for the past month I've been trying something completely outside of my comfort zone, and if you don't know me, but just read this, you'll now also know.

It's nothing exciting like BDSM or learning spanish, No I have conquered the mean feat of creating a full responsive wordpress website! Yes, quiver in fear my child!

It's quite a big step, creating a big commercial website; for the boy that has barely learnt how to build his own simple HTML site. I encountered the lovely mess that is .php, had a load of helpers along the way and I'm still fixing bugs here and there.

I have never really done anything as stressful and as fun as trying to make a wordpress website, and changing all those little snippets of code just to make some text that slight bit more colourful.
I would like to take my hat off to James Sessford and Robbie Scott for their helping hands & patience; and I'm sure I'll likely call on you soon to help me fix something or other.


I can't take all the credit for creation, as it's based on a theme, and has many a plugins but it's like a company that build cars. Technically they built the car, even if the engine and gear box were bought in and tampered with to work for their need.


I've got to say though, I am pretty proud with the fact that I have managed to do what I have, without any prior knowledge of .php or Wordpress websites. I have helped make the website automated and far more simple for them to make gig listings, archives and modifications.

At the end of the day, I'm pretty proud and I think you should check it out.

www.thebrickyardonline.com


Corbyn approves, or disapproves; I can't tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks