Friday 26 December 2014

Just call me 24-hour Vincent! (if you know what I mean) (wink wink, nudge nudge) (over use of brackets)

So, you may have seen that I made a post about offering to design a website in 24 hours, and just before Christmas I did it!

For my first one, I was working with a lovely lady and gent of Brisbane, Australia; who run and own Dog and Fox Creatives. I would use this post to highlight what they do, but honestly, they do so many different things I'm not sure which ones to mention.

The briefing for the site was very simple, so simple in-fact that I had to plan a little myself. which really helped me make the project to suit my time capabilities, and gave me a free reign. It's kind of a dream project but at the same time a nightmare, as you can so easily get it wrong.

Such detail! (love you guys really)

I started the site on December 21st at 12:00 and finished on December 22nd at 12:00, exactly 24 hours. The site isn't completely finished but it is actually at a working state and I'm pretty happy with it. I only really managed to get 13 hours work into the site as I needed breaks and a good amount of sleep. But with that time, as a very inexperienced web designer, I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved.

The guidelines were that it could only be colours (or shades, if you like) on the Greyscale, so it had to be very fashionable and quite simplistic. I feel at the point it's at, it isn't really quite as I fully wanted it to be, but it's close and I think I may become that, when I'm the sites web-master in the new year!

I think they are happy with the site, and I hope that when it comes to it being finished, that I can make it even better thus making them happier. Oh, and also having a great site for my portfolio.


If you click above you'll be able see the version I hosted on a sub-domain of my site, of which is still slightly bugged; but will be sorted, polished and neatened up when I get the chance to really finish it off in the new year!

Keep you're eyes pealed and your ears open!
Thank you sir and madam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks