Thursday 8 January 2015

#TypeInAMole

Now, should I post these images in even numbers so it doesn't get confusing? Feck no, let's see the first 7!

I decided that I would like to break open my new Moleskines and fill one of them with type because I had nothing to do over the Chritstmas Holidays and I just love drawing type. I wanted to make this series just full of experimental type; I didn't want any of it to be all the neat and I just wanted a fun way to practice type and possibly even my sign writing skills.

#1 – Inspired by Reza Abedini
I haven't any reason for wanted to do this other than I think arabic looks beautiful and I wanted to make a social comment but I can't remember what I translated and I reckon it'll be very broken.

#2 – Inspired by Charles Spencer Anderson
Basically, it's Sunday and I've got lots of bright Promarkers and tea. 
It's an expression for my love of Sundays.

#3 – Inspired by some type I can vaguely remember from the window of a Tattoo shop on Brick Lane
I listened to lots of Hip-Hop and could get the image out of my head of a lovely shop window.
The words depict my mood of just wanting to hear more and more Hip-Hop that day.

#4 – Inspired by the album artwork of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Got this wonderful album for Christmas, and I was really taken back by the Psychedelic type on the reverse of the CD sleeve. And all the text is what I was thinking as was making it.

#5 – Inspired by old Circus posters
I'm not going to beat around the bush—I'm going to re-do one based around a Circus poster as I really don't like this one.
The text is the bickering I heard from an older lady that day.

#6 – Inspired by the Monty Pyphon titles (Terry Gilliam)
Hadn't touched on perspective for months, so I did this to commemorate the New Year.

#7 – Inspired by old Oil cans and branding
Late night and I wanted to draw. I kind of hate those people who just draw old looking type to make it say crap like "Always keep your head high" so this is kind of mocking them whilst being ironic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks