Friday 10 October 2014

Smack My Course Up

So, these past two weeks I embarked on my first project of the second year; which was entitled "Show What You Know" so that is exactly what I did.
Instead of just making a poster to tell my tutors what I learnt, through typography or an info-graphic, I decided it would be best to make a pastiche of a Prodigy classic.

So this week, Smack my Bitch Up became Smack my Course Up—which resulted in my ripping things, throwing darts, starting small scale fires and printing Chip Kidd many, many times.
I strapped a GoPro to my head, and ran around my house and campus making a fool of myself.

So I've uploaded it to YouTube in terrible quality for your viewing pleasure, so I hope you like colourful and violent pixels.


I will upload a better quality version when After Effects stops messing me around.

I wanted to display what I learnt this year, and I just wanted to make it different. So I thought about what I have learnt this year, and what I found most important. After a small conclusion I realised that one of my biggest lessons, was learning about and getting interested in music, so I let that take me.

So if it isn't made obvious in the video some of the points I wanted get across were that I never had any toilet paper or milk, I got into record collecting and Jazz, I never had enough money and developed a healthy hatred for my tutor Tony (not really).

Also a big thank you to the lovely Maureen, Rachael Smith, Anne of the loveliest art shop in the world, the lovely ladies of the cafeteria and Tony Peart for unknowing being a temporary dart board.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks