Wednesday 15 October 2014

That pesky Motown and Soul night again!

Well, it has risen again!

I am once again posting another poster design for a Motown and Soul night at The Brickyard, which means only on thing—it's once again time for you to guess which famous face I've used this time.

The clues are as given: he is also known as Mr. Pitiful and often sits on docks, at the bay.

Who's that Pokémon?


But before I get too distracted, I'll let you know what it look bright and pink. Because super bright pink is more Rick James than it is Soul. I made this poster a strong contrast of bright pink, monochrome and yellow because although I rather liked my previous poster, I found that it just sort of blended into the background.

So although it worked for it's purpose, I wanted to make a poster that grabbed you face and smashed it against your head (with beauty; or at least good typography). And I feel this can convey the message it needs to whilst standing out from the crowd and being a big bright poster of soul goodness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks