Wednesday 30 July 2014

A post about film, older than myself.

About two months ago, myself and my friend James popped into our local (and favourite) chairty shop - Age UK, Denton Road - and bartered the ladies to see if they had any film for 35mm SLR cameras.
As it happens they produced this dusty small wicker basket full up with obscure items for photography of the past twenty years.

After rooting around the little basket for a good minute, I passed through some unopened government stamped waterproof film for Kodak cameras from 1984, eat your heart out George Orwell, and then I found the film I have had produced today.
I found this film, which was previously bought from Boots and expired on the date of 06/92. This means that at a minimum this film will be around 22 years old, but knowing that film can last around 8 years with good clarity, I assume it's around 30 years old.

I bought it for the extortionate price of 25 pence and eagerly took it home to load it into my camera.
The next day, we got some lovely sun, and I had some free time; so of course I went for a wander and took as many photos as I could.

After it sat on my shelf for around an month, I decided to get it developed today, despite me knowing that it was going to cost me a bloody fortune. I went into Boots, just before work and handed them the film to produce. I finished work, picked it up and brought them home. I wanted it in digital format as well as prints but I then found out they couldn't digitise them for me because my film crashed their whole system. Brilliant!



I looked at the images above and thought, these aren't my images. But actually they were; I had double exposed the film, unknowing that it previously contained someone's holiday photos of what looks like America. And the outcome is pretty cool, and I'm sure I'll find a use for them somehow.



I may have loaded the film incorrectly, or the film is just odd.

I rather like this one. The stuffed birds do it for me.


No idea what this is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks