Thursday 31 July 2014

Extreme Makeover: Tribute Edition

I'm going to make this post a quick one because I'm off to work in about 20 minutes, so it's either short or I get fired, so it'll just be a short one.

I messaged the good man that is Mark at The Brickyard and asked him if he had any work for me, and as it turns out he had something that needed re-designing, because I'll be honest and I'll show you, it was designed by the bands promoter and it is bloody awful. (sorry if you are reading this, hire me next time)

Yeah, it's not very good.

When I was sent this poster I took it upon myself to redesign it, even to the point where I don't know whether I'm being paid or not, and honestly I don't care, I just had to correct this injustice in the design world and more importantly I could not let this sit outside my favourite venue in Carlisle.

For the poster I designed I wanted to link to the bands name - Queen II - so obviously I used ideas and the imagery from the album cover, and it struck me with the idea that they have Queen in the name, so I should make it royal or regal.
I was also told I was to use the colours of deep purple and a dark yellow which I thought it looked quite royal, and a Queen is royal, oh and Freddie is pretty much pop royalty. Easy solution; make it look like a legal addressed letter, gig poster hybrid, of course!

I did what I could to make a regal letter, gig poster combo.
I feel it's not my best work but I did have to hand create their logo again as it wasn't available in a high enough resolution.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks