Tuesday 5 April 2016

SweVin 5: Abusing my power

I bought 8 cinnamon buns this morning, and it was totally worth it.

Strolling to work, in the cold and the rain—Sweden suddenly felt a lot like Carlisle. It wasn't warm, it was damp and nobody around me looked nearly as happy as they did when the sun was shining, so it felt just like home. I love home, but I didn't want it to feel like home; so I went into the local Hemkop and bought about 8 Cinnamon buns for the studio, mostly because I wanted one for myself but also because I wanted to integrate into the Swedish way of being; and an improvised Fika was the best way.

After reaching the studio, a quick cup of coffee, a bun and a little chat; I noticed something. Above me was a contraption, a contraption that was live streaming my every move. It looked like a mixture between a wooden phone case and an angle poise lamp; it had a blue flashing light and a green interior. It was a Raspberry Pi with a mounted camera module, and boy was I excited to learn that!

Abusing my power #1 Talking smack indirectly.
I jumped out of my seat asking around who did it, and how they did it. My luck happened to plonk the two people who made the device just at the other end of the table; I reckon my cinnamon buns did me good, because they even offered me their source code, being the babes that they are. Thanks guys!

If you haven't noticed by now, those images are of me, writing stupid messages to my friends and broadcasting them all over the internet just to force the point across that 'I am the asshole of this friendship group'. But also, Isaac is bad at Smash. Yeah, you heard me. Yes, you Isaac.


Abusing my power #2 Sending messages to the world
Anyhow, it's looking like I may just get myself a RP module, but before I run off to get myself entangled in fancy exciting tech things, I first had to get myself lost in Stockholm. With the Art Director's card in hand, I was off on an adventure to find a hobby shop to purchase papers, figures and allsorts of other crap; and just like always, I walked the wrong darn way.

I eventually got somewhere, somehwere being the right place. I wandered around that shop for a good while, trying my hardest to figure out what I actually needed and what I wanted to do.
After plucking up the courage to actually purchase what I needed, I made my way back and began a photoshoot of sorts.

I'm not even sure what I was trying to make, or what I am trying to make but it's a heck of a lot of fun. I won't show you anything I actually used but I can show you a little image of what was going on. I have broccoli, cauliflower, wooden spheres and drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. Oooooo baby. drugs. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks