Wednesday 6 April 2016

SweVin 6: Chilled

Just chilling.
Today was chilled but today was lonely, Today was long but today was fun.

Today I was carrying on with my photography, and posing little architectural figures; and as always it was really rather fun. This time with plants, cast iron pans and marble.

It wasn't raining this morning, though it was a little dull. I wandered to work, unpacked my things and got right down to it. The studio was full, but totally empty. The studio had very few people in it today, making it empty but it was full of bits and bobs. There had been a delivery of plastic lighting cubes and enough computer components to send a nerd into overload.

The two guys that had sorted the live streaming devices were now working on something new. Around them is a sea of cables, about 8 motherboards and a series of plants; I'm not sure if you are allowed to know what is actually being developed, so I'm going to tell you anything more than it'll be really bloody cool.


I spent the day feeling a dab lonely because everyone was going in and out of the studio all day and I had partly locked myself away to photograph the little scenes I had been creating. It's nobodies fault that I felt lonely, if anything it's my fault.

After finishing up feeling sorry for myself, I left a little early. Gaby met me just down the road, and we headed out to visit a museum. I cannot remember where we went but it was free, and full of beautiful historical design—this ranges from the Egyptians to the Greek but photographed above is some beautiful ceramics from Egypt.

Those guys knew how to make nice patterns and minimalism way before these modern design trends.

SweVin Beer Review: Mikkel - 2.3% American Hop Pale Ale.
Flavours were nice though a little weak, design is pretty cool. 6/10

Through this week I'm really starting to find myself warming towards the ideals of Sweden, even if the weather is never warm. One thing I've noticed is that supermarkets only allow the sale of alcohol below 3.5%, and there isn't that much choice available.

I love beer, and love having the option of trying as many beers as possible but the idea of the supermarkets not being allowed to fuel alcoholism, is something that I am really finding myself enjoying; even if my hobby of beer tasting is hugely hindered by this.

Another thing that is right up my alley is that there is a huge popularity for the printed poster. Everywhere you go, you can see A2, well designed, fly posted posters. I assume that people will hate them in the most general sense but for me, it's brilliant! Also, I'm nicking them for friends back home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Vincent Walden Sucks